Though organizational mood has a great importance but it also have some disadvantages. So, here we describe advantages and disadvantages of organizational mood.
Benefits / Importance / Advantages of Organizational Mood
- Chain of command: Positive and strong organizational mood established strong chain to command.
- Achievement of target: In an organization with positive mood all the employees perform their duty perfectly according to their responsibility as a result organization can achieve their target easily.
- Organizational influence: An organizational with positive and strong mood has influence over customer and can dominate product market.
- Symbol of personality: Organization with good mood has influencing power in the market or in the society. That is the symbol of aristocracy and increase personality of the employees.
- Organizational Discipline: Good organizational mood established and retain discipline among the employee.
- Good Labor-Management Relations: Organizational mood develop labor manger relationship.
- Less undue request: In an organization with good mood everybody respect higher official and hear lower officials problem as a result undue respect reduced.
- Loyalty may be ensured: Good organizational mood increase workers feelings about their organization. Measure of commitment based on obligation or, in consumer preferences. Employee commitment towards the organization is strong. Through which loyalty ensure.
- Public image: Organization has good influence in the market. Organization product quality is high. That increase public image.
ProblemsÂ / Dangers / Disadvantages of Organizational Mood
Organizational mood has some dangers. These are as follows:
- Interpersonal conflict: Human resource management: A situation in which an individual or group frustrates, or tries to frustrate, the goal attainment efforts of the other.
- Inter group conflict: Different groups contain different types of mood within an organization. As a result among different group conflict arise.
- Misunderstanding: Sometimes higher officials keep them away from lower or other officials. When higher officials send a message to lower officials, this message or information may distorted as a result create misunderstanding among employees.
- Bad Labor-Management relations: Negative and low mood in the organization create bad relationship among labor and manager.
- Personal Distance: Misunderstanding or miss communication make distance between higher and lower label officials in an organization.
- Miscommunication: Distortion of message makes miscommunication.
- Distortion of messages: Higher officialâ€™s information may distorted at the time of transitions.
- Lack of clarification: When organization mood create group between higher and lower officials, then higher officials are not accountable to lower officials. So message are not clarified when lower officials requires.
- Customer dissatisfaction: Due to low motivation and lower mood among officials product quality decrease which makes customer dissatisfaction.
Related Content of Organizational Mood:
- What is the Definition of Mood?
- Objectives of Organizational Mood
- Different Types of Mood
- Importance of Organizational Mood
- Factors Affecting Organizational Mood
- Some Characteristics of Moodiness
- Guidelines for Organizational Mood
- Organizational Mood and Organizational Behavior
- Proposed Model of Organizational Mood