Objectives of training and development may be manifold. The objectives may be from the employee’s / manager’s side or from the organization’s side.
Whatever may be the sources of objectives, the following points may highlight the same:
Objectives of training and development
- Induce new employees: Induce employee is the main aim of training and this is the most essential for a company.
- Gain knowledge on a new method: Training and development help to gain knowledge on a new method.
- Obtain knowledge of company policy: Employee should have sufficient knowledge about company policy for best performance. Training and development help employee to obtain knowledge of company policy.
- Earn knowledge on customer relations: Gather information about customer relations is the major objectives of training and development.
- Change attitude: It helps to change attitude so, that an employee can give their best to the organization.
- Ensure personal growth: Training and development give an employee everything which needed to be a good professional. And when he becomes a good employee it ensures his personal growth.
- Ensure ensuring loyalty: Aim of training and development is to make an employee loyal to his / her company.
- Reduce labor turnover: Another objective of training and development is to reduce labor turnover.
- Increase productivity: Training develop a person’s skill to a professional level so, it is easy to say obviously training and development process increase productivity.
- Improve quality: Improve the quality of employee is the main objective of training and development.
- Help company to fulfill future growth: Growth of a company depends on their employee. So, the development process helps the company to fulfill future growth.
- Improve organizational climate: Improving organizational climate is the greatest objective of training and development.
- Improve health care: Without good health, the employee can’t serve properly to his / her company. So, training and development improve health care.
- Prevent obsolesce: Prevent obsolesce is one the most important objectives of training and development.
- Change behavior: Training and development have a great impact on employee behavior. It polishes employee’s behavior so, that he/she can fit with the internal and external environment.
You May Like Also:
- Meaning and Definition of Management Development
- Difference between training and development
- Ethics in training and development
- Types of training and development for employees
- Training and Development Institutes in Bangladesh