Cornmeal Nugget Muffins healthy, delicious light food, Every one can make it home by following the instruction which are given below. You also need the following ingredients.
Ingredients Cornmeal Nugget Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) water, boiling
- ½ cup (2 ½ oz/75 g) yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (10 oz/315 g) all- purpose (plain) flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (3 oz/90 g) unsalted butter, melted
Small nuggets of toasted cornmeal give these buttery corn muffins the appearance of containing tiny golden pebbles. Sever them with any lively soup, stew or chili.
Preheat an oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Butter standard muffin tins and a baking sheet.
In a small bowl stir together the boiling water, cornmeal and ½ teaspoon of the salt; don’t worry if some small lumps remain in the mixture. Spread in a thin layer on the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven until golden brown and toasted looking, about 25 minutes. Cool completely, and then crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
In a medium bowl stir and toss together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, egg and melted butter until smooth. Add to the combined dry ingredients, along with the cornmeal nuggets, and stir just until blended.
Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about three-quarters full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the tins for 3 minutes and then remove.
Makes about 12 standard muffins
Other Content of Muffin Recipe:
- Muffin Baking Basics
- Cooking Equipments for Mixing, Shaping and Baking Muffins
- How to make Corn Kernel Bacon Muffins?
- Recipe for Buttermilk Bacon Muffins
- How to make Spice Muffins Recipe?
- Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- Triple Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- How to make Pear Pecan Muffins?
- Healthy Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
- Strawberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Bran Muffins
- Recipe of Currant Muffins
- How to make Cinnamon Crunch Muffins?
- How to make Banana Bran Muffins?