Stress has been defined as the interaction between the individual and the environment characterized by psychological and psychological changes that cause a deviation from normal performance. In other words, the definition of stress is pressure or tension exerted on a material object.
There is three levels of stress as follows:
- High-level stress: Led poor performance
- Moderate level stress: Help stimulate employees to work longer, harder and better.
- Low-level stress: It leaves employees unstipulated, resulting in low productivity.
Stress has both internal and external factors. Internal factors are Personal attitude and expectations. External factors can be divided into two types-
- Physical: it includes poor ventilation or lighting or physically demanding tasks,
- Psychological: includes the demand for the job or demands from home.
You May Like Also:
- Major factors affecting stress
- Major and common causes of stress
- Advantages of Avoiding Stress in organization
- Different Types of Stress
- Steps to reduce stress
- Various strategies to reduce stress
- How to reduce employee stress
- Major signs and symptoms of stress
- Role of Family in Stress Reduction
- Impact of stress on employee productivity
- Causes of Stress in Bangladesh Industries
- Nature of Existing Stress Conditions in Bangladesh