Our life is of conflicts. Very often we are doing conflicting activates or playing conflicting role. Some of the important different areas of role conflict may be discussed as under:
Different areas of role conflict
- One commitment: A doctor who has two commitments that of a doctor and that of a father. He must decide whether he should present his daughter birth day party or to attain ailing patient. He must save patient.
- Cognitive dissonance: A man takes of both role father and coach. If his boy makes a bad play then they must take out his son.
- Role balance: Every role has a positive and negative impact. To minimize this conflict one should maintain the role balance against role conflict.
- Maintaining status: Role conflict occurs frequently in maintaining status. Someone faces ambiguity to take a decision. To minimize this one should make co-operative relation.
- Management view: Mangers would be employee oriented or production oriented. Here management should erase this conflict and take a whole production oriented decision.
- Effectiveness: If role conflict arises then effectiveness of a company will fall. For that reason management should avoid role conflict.
- Efficiency: Efficiency of a company depends on appropriate role of management. If role conflict occurs in decision making efficiency of the company will fall down.
- Time consuming: If role conflict arises then valuable time will be lost. To minimize time consuming management should avoid role conflict.
- Forward looking: Management should be forward looking. For that reason management should control the role conflict.
- Controlling Management: To control the management one should remove role conflict.
You May Like Also:
- What is the Meaning of Supervisor?
- 8 Essential Factors Affecting Personality
- 10 Essential Factors Contributing to Participation in Management
- Assessment of Behavior Modification Model