A recipe of healthy oat bran muffins provided here with detail instruction step by step so, you can make it at home easily.
Ingredient of Oat Bran Muffins
- 2 cups (5 oz/160 g) oat bran
- 1 cup (5 oz/155 g) all purpose (plain) flour
- ½ cup (3 ½ oz/105 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups (10 fl oz/310 ml) Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (3 fl oz/80 ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (3 oz/90 g) raisins
Oat bran muffins are lighter and more cake like than those made with wheat bran. This recipe takes will to all kinds of additions, especially chopped dried fruit such as apricots, pears or prunes; add up to 1 cup (6 oz/185 g) or any of these suggestions.
Preheat an oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Butter standard muffin tins.
In a large bowl stir bowl stir and toss together the oat bran, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the milk, eggs and oil until smooth. Stir in the raisins. Add to the combined dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool in the tins for 3 minutes, then remove.
Makes about 16 standard muffins
Other Content of Muffin Recipe:
- Muffin Baking Basics
- Cooking Equipments for Mixing, Shaping and Baking Muffins
- How to make Corn Kernel Bacon Muffins?
- Cornmeal Nugget Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Buttermilk Bacon Muffins
- How to make Spice Muffins Recipe?
- Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- Triple Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- How to make Pear Pecan Muffins?
- Strawberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Bran Muffins
- Recipe of Currant Muffins
- How to make Cinnamon Crunch Muffins?
- How to make Banana Bran Muffins?