Want to make a delicious banana bran muffins at home easily step by step follow the instruction below:
Ingredient of banana bran muffins
- 1 cup (5 oz/155 g) all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1 cup (2 ½ oz/80 g) wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (2 oz/60 g ) chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup (8 oz/250 g) mashed rip banana (2 large bananas)
- ½ cup 94 oz/125 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup (3 ½ oz/ g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg.
Use only bananas that are fully ripe (the skins should be speckled with brown). After peeling, mash them vigorously with a potato masher to a smooth pulp. These muffins are moist and sweet, with an honest banana flavor.
Preheat an oven to 375˚f (190˚C). butter standard muffin tins.
In a medium bowl stir and toss together the flour, bran, baking soda, salt and nuts. Set aside. In another medium bowl beat together the banana and butter until mixed-don’t worry if the mixture looks lumpy and curdled then add the brown sugar and egg and beat until completely mixed. Add the combined dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about three-quarters full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin come out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool in tins for 5 minutes, then remove.
Makes about 12 standard muffins
Other Content of Muffin Recipe:
- Muffin Baking Basics
- Cooking Equipments for Mixing, Shaping and Baking Muffins
- How to make Corn Kernel Bacon Muffins?
- Cornmeal Nugget Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Buttermilk Bacon Muffins
- How to make Spice Muffins Recipe?
- Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- Triple Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- How to make Pear Pecan Muffins?
- Healthy Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
- Strawberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Bran Muffins
- How to make Cinnamon Crunch Muffins?