Generally muffins is sweet taste but in this recipe cinnamon bring a spice taste in muffins as well as it is crunchy.
So, want to make a cinnamon crunch muffins at home follow the instruction below:
Ingredient of cinnamon crunch muffins
- 3 cups (15 oz/470 g) all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1 ½ cups (10 ½ oz/330 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon slat
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2/3 cup (5 oz/125 g) vegetable shortening
- ½ cup (2 oz/60 g) chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) buttermilk
These will remind you of a spicy coffeecake with streusel topping. They are good warm or cold, and the recipe makes plenty, so you can bake them for Sunday breakfast and enjoy them during the week, too. Server them with strawberry jam butter.
Preheat an oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Butter standard muffin tins.
In a large bowl stir and toss together the flour, sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon and the ginger. Add the shortening and mix the ingredients together your fingertips are good tools for this job-until thoroughly combined and crumbly.
Remove 2/3 cup (3 oz/90g) of the mixture to a small bowl and mix the nuts and the remaining teaspoon of cinnamon into it. Set aside to use for the topping.
To the remaining flour mixture, add the baking power and baking soda and stir and toss to combine. Add the eggs and buttermilk and stir just until blended.
Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Sprinkle each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of the reserved topping.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool in the tins for 3 minutes and then remove.
Makes about 18 standard muffins
Other Content Muffin Recipe:
- Muffin Baking Basics
- Cooking Equipments for Mixing, Shaping and Baking Muffins
- How to make Corn Kernel Bacon Muffins?
- Cornmeal Nugget Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Buttermilk Bacon Muffins
- How to make Spice Muffins Recipe?
- Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- Triple Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- How to make Pear Pecan Muffins?
- Healthy Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
- Strawberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Bran Muffins
- How to make Banana Bran Muffins?