Corn kernel bacon muffins is really very delicious light food specially to kids. And it full of healthy corn which help much to grow your kids. So, without wresting time lets see how to make corn kernel bacon muffins.
Elements of corn kernel bacon muffins
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup (5 oz/155 g) all –purpose (plain) flour
- 1 cup (5 oz/155 g) yellow or white cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) milk
- ½ cup (3 oz/90 g) fresh corn kernels or thawed frozen corn kernels
A little crisp bacon gives these muffins a hearty flavor, while cornmeal and corn kernels lend an earthy texture. You may, if you wish, substitute vegetable oil for the bacon drippings, although the bacon taste will be slightly diminished. Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Preheat an oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Butter standard muffin tins.
In a frying pan fry the bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain and cool. Reserve ¼ cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) of the drippings. Crumble the cooled bacon and set aside.
In a medium bowl stir and toss together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the milk, egg, corn kernels and reserved bacon drippings until blended. Add to the combined dry ingredients, along with the crumbled bacon, and stir just until blended.
Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool in the tins for 3 minutes and then remove.
Makes about 16 standard muffins
Other Content of Muffin Recipe:
- Muffin Baking Basics
- Cooking Equipments for Mixing, Shaping and Baking Muffins
- Cornmeal Nugget Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Buttermilk Bacon Muffins
- How to make Spice Muffins Recipe?
- Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- Triple Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- How to make Pear Pecan Muffins?
- Healthy Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
- Strawberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Bran Muffins
- Recipe of Currant Muffins
- How to make Cinnamon Crunch Muffins?
- How to make Banana Bran Muffins?