This jam has a spicy, fresh flavor. It is marvelous on both sweet and savory breads and muffins, especially those made with whole grains, nuts and seeds. Try it on a slice of lightly toasted whole-wheat walnut bread. To store, place the jam in a jar, press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the jam, cover with a tight cap refrigerate for up to 3 days. The surface will gradually darken slightly, so stir before serving. So, let’s know how to make pear ginger jam:
Ingredient of pear ginger jam
- 3 ripe pears (about 1 ½ lb/750 g total weigh ), such as bartletts, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- ½ cup (4 oz/125 g) sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tableshpoon finely grated fresh ginger
In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, puree the pears until smooth. And all the remaining ingredients and process briefly to mix. Makes about 1 ½ cups (1 lb/500 g)
You may like also
- How do you make Uncooked Strawberry Jam?
- Strawberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- How to make Savory Butter?