Here are two compound butters, both of which are good spread on savory muffins and breads. The tomato-basil blends in bright, fragrant and summery a nice companion to both cottage cheese muffins and sun dried tomato herb muffins. The sternly flavored, piquant caper mustard butter is especially good on whole grain breads and muffins; try it with buckwheat kasha bread. So, let’s know how to make savory butter.
Savory Butter: For Tomato – Basil Butter:
- ½ cup (4 oz/125 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt.
For Caper – Mustard Butter:
- ½ cup (4 oz 25 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped, well-drained capers
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Combine all the ingredients for either butter in a food processor fitted with the metal blades. Process until smooth and blended, scraping down the sides of the work bowl two or three times. Scrape into a small bowl.
Alternatively using a wooden spoon beat together all the ingredients in a small bowl until completely mixed. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week; bring to room temperature before serving.
Makes about ¾ cup (6 oz/185 g)
You may like also
- A Delicious Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- Cornmeal Nugget Muffins Recipe
- How to make Spice Muffins Recipe?
- Triple Chocolate Muffins Recipe