A cup of hot chicken soup can help unclog your nasal passages, according to researchers at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach.Ā FL, who found that slurping the soup, increases the flow of nasal mucus, ushering germs out of your system. Look for a recipe, like this one, that features garlic and onions, both known for their antiviral properties. Let’s know how to prepare delicious quick chicken soup.
Ingredient of quick chicken soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme and/or parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 qt reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 8 oz wide egg noodles
- HEAT oil in 4qt pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms (if using), garlic, thyme, and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil.
- ADD chicken and bring to a simmer. Simmer until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to cutting board and shred using 2 forks.
- STIR in noodles and shredded chicken and simmer until noodles are tender, about 7 minutes. Discard bay leaf and season soup to taste with salt and pepper. (Makes about 15 cups.)
- LADLE soup into serving bowls. To freeze, chill soup completely, divide among individual serving containers with lids, and freeze up to 3 months.
NUTRITION (per serving) 299 cal, 30 g pro, 26 g carb, 3 g fiber, 7.5 g fat, 1.5 g sat fat, 630 mg sodium
You may like also
- Chicken Stock Cooking Hints and Tips
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
- Chicken Wonton Soup Recipe
- Glossary of Cooking Terms A to Z