Let’s know how to reduce employee stress because this one of the most greatest way of development of the organization. And stress is one of the most common reason for lose productivity.
Stress has been defined as the interaction between the individual and the environment characterized by physiological and psychological changes that cause a deviation from normal performance.
This deviation from normal may have a positive or negative outcome. However, an extremely low level of stress can leave employees unstipulated, resulting in low productivity.
An extremely high level of stress can lead to poor performance due to the diversion of increased energy from production and to dealing with the stress itself.
All of the medical complications associated with stress are ever increasing burden on the medical costs for companies. Some experts have estimated the overall cost for any large corporations at over $200 million a year for employee medical benefits.
This figure rises to over $ 150 billion a year when the costs to the overall economy, caused by repercussions of stress, such as reduced production due to ii!, absent, or non-motivated employees are factored in.
How to reduce employee stress
In an effort to reduce their costs, companies have begun implementing stress reduction or control programs for their employees. These programs represent proactive strategies toward stress management and come in a variety of forms.
These symptoms can indicate stress, especially when appearing in groups and when they represent major changes in behavior.Ā On the other hand, the following techniques are discussed below that help the HR Manager to reduce stress of employees:
- List items that cause stress. Isolate the ones you can fix and concentrate your time and on them. Avoid the ones that you can do nothing about.
- If job does not provide pride for accomplishments and receive praise from others, then find an activity that does.
- Experiment with different forms of relaxation- such as exercise, sports or meditation until find one that relieves your anxiety.
- It should be remembered that a sense of control and a reason to live lead to a healthy and productive life.
You May Like Also:
- Definition of Stress
- Major factors affecting stress
- Major and common causes of stress
- Advantages of Avoiding Stress in organization
- Different Types of Stress
- Steps to reduce stress
- Various strategies to reduce stress
- Major signs and symptoms of stress
- Role of Family in Stress Reduction
- Impact of stress on employee productivity
- Causes of Stress in Bangladesh Industries
- Nature of Existing Stress Conditions in Bangladesh