Cover Letter has a great importance in job application and it helps you to express your mentality about the job that will help you to draw attention of your employer which increase the chance of getting the job.
So this is very important to know how to write cover letter for resume. Following factors should be considered for how to write a cover letter for a resume.
The source of vacancy news should be stated. The source may be newspaper or internet which should be highlighted properly.
How to Write a Cover Letter for a Resume?
- Date: When the advertisement for vacancy has been published, It should also be mentioned in terms of date.
- Structure: A specific structure is followed to draft such a letter. The applicant must be knowledgeable about the structure to be followed.
- Name of the post : There may be many posts and therefore the post for which the applicant is applying should be highlighted in bold letters.
- Subject Arrangement: Every subject should be arranged in a systematic way which will provide full information regarding the applicant.
- Qualification: The qualification of the applicant should be laid down in a chronological way. He should mention his educational, professional and additional qualification in such a fashion so that employer notices properly.
- Experience: If the applicant is an experienced hand, he should state those in a order and in details.
- Personal details: Applicant should state his personal identification, nationality, religion, caste and hobby etc. in a catchy way.
- Rough Copy: To draft the main letter, a rough copy may be sketched first for accurate writing. Such sketch will also help to produce a better draft.
- Salary : Sometimes expected salary is required to be mentioned and therefore applicant should clearly state his expected salary.
- About Referees/ Reference: Applicant required to mention about referees as demanded by employer, So such demand should be properly met.
- Transcripts: With the employment letter, copy of every transcripts are required to be attached properly.1
- Security: Whether the applicant is ready to provide any security should be mentioned clearly.
- Bank Draft: Required bank draft or postal order should attached with such a letter.
- Promise: There must be promise for working hard with discipline and honesty.
- Signature: Employment letter must be signed with date by the applicant.
The above factors along with conciseness, neatness and suitable language to be considered while drafting employment letter, it will bring completeness of such letter and will be useful to raise interest.
You May Like Also: