Organization Development has importance for the employers and employees. If organization development is undertaken and implemented successfully, both the parties may be benefited. The points of importance of organizational development are discussed below.
Importance of organizational development
- Contractual relationship: For the establishment of the contractual relationship between the concerned parties in the organization, organization development can play a significant role. Contractual relationships help to ensure successful implantation of plans.
- A change agent: Very important aspect of organization development is change. Agents of behavioral scientists encourage people of the organization to solve problems. His main strength is comprehensive knowledge of human behavior.
- Sponsoring organization: The imitative for organization development programs come from an organization that has a problem. This means that to management’s aware that problem exists and has decided to seek help in solving it.
- Applied behavioral science: OD process states its activities by applying behavioral science principles without applying so that people cannot be made fit for implementing the program.
- Implement performances: Through the OD process improved relations, effective commutation, and enhanced ability to copy of all kinds, more effective decisions etc. are possible. It indicates an improvement of performance of all sides.
- Organization self-renewal: OD program helps self-renewals also. People become conscious of their responsibilities in future for the organization and society. It minimizes suspension and control steps.
- Increased motivation: OD programs increase the motivation of employees. The motivation of employees can ensure high productivity and sensibility. On the other hand, demotivated employees destroy the good deeds even.
- High morale and satisfaction: If reasonable OD programs are undertaken, morale and satisfaction of employees may be increased, that can result in good performance.
- Increased competitive ability: Developed organization cans again competitive ability. This position can be gained by producing high-quality goods. Rendering better services, expanding the market, sending goods at the doorsteps of customers and so on.
- Research & development: Research and development are the successful weapons of any organization. It helps innovate, improve a quality of goods and services and increase competitive strengths.
- Quality goods & services: Whether OD has taken part properly or not, it is proved through a quality of goods and services. If quality dies not improve, OD does not carry and y value.
- On the basis of these few points, we can explain the importance of OD, There may be other importance of OD. But these will increase the volume only.
Related Content of Organizational Development:
- What is Organizational Development?
- Nature of Organization Development
- Objectives of Organization Development
- Principles of Organization Development
- Role of Management for Organizational Development
- Tips for Organization Development
- Organization Development Process
- Functions of Organization Development
- Components of Organization Development Process
- Difference between Organization Development and Management Development
- Variables in Organizational development Approach
- Assumptions of Organization Development