Organizational politics is important for every organization. Both employees and management can get benefits, form organizational politics. The points of importance or advantages of organizational politics are briefly discussed below:
Advantages of organizational politics
- Motivating employees: Due to the presence of organizational politics, employees may be motivated with the hope that their interest would not be hampered.
- Resisting indiscipline: Indiscipline from the employee’s side may be resisted with the help of organizational politics.
- Increased productivity: For the sake of increasing productivity level, employees may be involved with organizational politics.
- Influencing employees: At the presence of political influence, employees may be convinced about the plans and goals of the organization
- Gaining dignity and recognition: Employer or management might give dignity and recognition to the employees’ hopes and aspiration.
- Successful bargaining: Successful bargaining may take place in the presence or organizational politics and democratic system.
- Using group effort: Organizational politics can use group effort successfully for achieving goals of any enterprise.
- Selection of suitable leader: If organizational politics works well, suitable candidates, as well as leaders, may be selected and organization can run well.
Related Content of Organizational Politics:
- What is organizational politics definition
- Two Faces of Organizational Politics
- Pfeffer’s Model and Game Theories of Organizational Politics
- 10 prime objectives of organizational politics
- 12 Characteristics of Organizational Politics
- Proposed Model of Organizational Politics to handle politics in an organization
- 10 Conditions of Successful Organizational Politics
- 5 observations on operating in a political environment by French and Bell
- 7 Rules for political environment discussed by French and Bell
- Means of Gaining Political Power
- Influence or relationship between Organizational Behavior and Politics
- Some prescriptions of Islam regarding organizational politics