Every one must like this lemon bread recipe because it is more healthy as well as delicious. So let’s start:
Ingredient of Lemon Bread Recipe
- ½ cup (4 oz/125 g) vegetable shortening
- 1 cup 98 oz/250 g) sugar
- 1 ¼ cups ( 6 ½ oz/200 g) all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (4 fl oz/125 ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ cup (2 oz/60 g) chopped pecans
For the lemon syrup:
- ¼ cup (2 oz/60 g) sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
This recipe carries a double dose of lemon: grated zest in the batter and lemon syrup poured over the bread after baking. For a heavily dessert, bake it in 2 miniature loaf pans, then top the slice with berries and whipped cream.
Preheat an oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Grease and flour a medium (8 ½ inch/21-cm) loaf pan.
In large bowl combine the shortening and sugar and beat until blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In medium bowl stir and toss together the flour, baking powder and salt.
Add to the shortening mixture, along with the milk and lemon zest, and best until blended and smooth. Stir in the pecans. Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Bake until a thin wooden skewer inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour.
While the bread bakes, make the lemon syrup by combining the sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
Set aside, stirring occasionally; don’t worry if the sugar does not dissolve completely.
Remove the bread from the oven and, using a fork; gently poke the top in several places. Stir the syrup, and then slowly drizzle it over the hot bread. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 1 medium loaf
Other Content of Bread Recipe:
- Some important quick bread basics tips
- Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
- Oat Flour Bread Recipe and it’s elements
- How to Prepare Pistachio Olive Bread?
- How to Prepare Vegetable Nut Bread?
- Whole Wheat Walnut Bread Recipe
- Nine Grain Bread Recipe
- How to make a delicious Fruit Bread?
- Patsy’s Honey Nut Bread Recipe