There are three major factors which affect stress and they are political factors, socio-economic factors and Cultural & Religious factors. All of this factors affecting stress are discuss below:
Political factors affecting stress
Political forces sometimes affect stress of an organization. These factors may be various types as follows:
- Political chaos: Political chaos may create stress among the peace loving people.
- Strike: Very often strikes and lockouts create stress for not achieving the target.
- Political interference: Political parties interfere and employees becomes trussed.
- Bias with political leader: Sometimes political leaders bias creates tress.
- Conflict with the political leader: Employees cannot cope with political leaders on many issues.
- Collective bargaining agent as a political face: Involvement of CBA with politics can many issues.
- Demand offered by political parties: Sometimes political leaders place their demands to the employee unions.
- Interpersonal conflict: Conflict with a person who is a supporter of a political party.
Socio-economic factors affecting stress
Some socio-economic factors can also affect stress. If these factors behave negatively, volume of stress is high. These are:
- Low salary/ wages: Due to low salary/ wages employees may be stressed.
- Inflation of the economy: Inflation decreases purchasing power leading to stress.
- Organization status: If organization status is hampered stress may be there.
- Social status: Hamper of social status also creates stress among employees.
- Nature of job: Someone engaged as a labor and someone engaged in high position in an organization.
- Restricted social contacts: Restricted social contract may create stress.
- Withdrawal from friends: If employees fail to retain relationships with near and dear ones.
Cultural & Religious factors
Some cultural and religion factors affect stress conditions also. These factors are pointed out below:
- Cultural and religious forces affect the stress from opposite direction.
- Joining to the cultural group may release stress.
- Religious activities release stress.
- Stress is a psychic phenomena.
- Mental refreshment may release stress.
- Doing something against the mind is stress.
- Adjustment is the best way of managing stress.
- Relax meditation.
- Relaxing music/melody.
- Fair entertainment
You May Like Also:
- Definition of Stress
- Major and common causes of stress
- Advantages of Avoiding Stress in organization
- Different Types of Stress
- Steps to reduce stress
- Various strategies to reduce stress
- How to reduce employee stress
- Major signs and symptoms of stress
- Role of Family in Stress Reduction
- Impact of stress on employee productivity
- Causes of Stress in Bangladesh Industries
- Nature of Existing Stress Conditions in Bangladesh