Organizational counseling follows a process to provide the employees. The process can be changed based on organization type. This process has two steps which are discussed below:
Models of organizational counseling
- Problem defined by client: The counselor first tries to find the problem of the client.
- Generation of alternative definition the problem: After listening the problem counselor thought about how he can counsel him. He thoughts some ideas.
- Decision to select one definition of problem initially: And after analyzing he should select one definition means a way to handle the problem.
- Client accepts definition: If client accepts the definition then we move to the second stage. And if he doesnât accept this we should go for the first stage again and think about new strategy.
- Alternative theoretical frameworks: Counselor considers alternative theoretical frameworks to use with the problem as defined.
- Select a primary mode of operation: The counselor selects a primary mode of operation that has accompanied theory, skill, qualities, techniques & verbal & non verbal behavior.
- Generate new ways of looking: The counselor and the client examine the definition of the problem at issue, potential, answers & solutions & further discussion.
As in this process counselor can face two types of results. One is success and another is failure. If a counselor fails to counsel the client then he should go for the first stage again. And if success comes to do so then the process would be terminated.
Related Content of Organizational Counseling:
- What is the Definition of Counseling?
- Importance of Organizational Counseling
- Objectives of Organizational Counseling
- Functions of Organizational Counseling
- Benefits / Merits / Advantages of Organizational Counseling
- Guidelines of the Organizational Counseling
- Factors Affecting Organizational Counseling
- Characteristics / Qualities of a Good Counselor
- Disqualification of a Counselor
- Different Types of Organizational Counseling
- Features of Organizational Counseling
- Areas or Scopes of Organizational Counseling
- How to Make Organizational Counseling Effective?
- Organizational Counseling in Bangladesh