In 1960th the concept ‘Organization Development’ was first coined as the area of study in business discipline. It is a long term process. Organization development is a systematic process. But we should understand nature of organization development first.
Through this process both human and non human aspects are supposed to be improving. Every organization contains supra system under the total system. Sometimes it faces external and internal influences.
Nature of organization development
Organization involves people, machineries, methods work, relationships, and coordination so on. These are all every changing. These components do not remain unchanged for a long time. Human qualities need to be developed, machineries become obsolete, methods of work is changeable, relationship among the people in either improving or in some cases hampering due to the expiry of time.
To adjust with these changes organization has to undertake some measures. These measures may be termed as organization development. Organization development is an ongoing, systematic and continuous process.
This process is initiated to implement any sort of change in the organization. If he changes take place with preplanned goal, positive intention and in a scientific mood it may be hope that organization development will be ensured.
It is interdisciplinary in nature and draws on sociology, psychology and theories of motivation, learning and personality. Organization development is a growing field that is responsive to many news approaches.
Related Content of Organizational Development:
- What is Organizational Development?
- Objectives of Organization Development
- Importance of Organization Development
- Characteristics of Organization Development
- Principles of Organization Development
- Tips for Organization Development
- Organization Development Process
- Functions of Organization Development
- Components of Organization Development Process
- Difference between Organization Development and Management Development
- Variables in Organizational development Approach
- Assumptions of Organization Development
- Role of Management for Organizational Development