Ingredient of bran muffins recipe with instruction step by step provided here so. that any one can make it easily.
Ingredient of bran muffins
- 2 ½ cups (6 ½ oz/200 g) wheat bran
- 1 ½ cups (7 ½ oz/235 g) whole-wheat (whole meal) flour
- ¼ cup (2 oz/60 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (3 fl oz/80 ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (3 oz/90 g) molasses
- ¼ cup (3 oz/90 g) honey
- 1 cup (6 oz/185 g) raisins
Moist, flavorful, dark and slightly sweet and they give you a good measure of fiber, too. The recipe makes a lot; uneaten muffins may be stored in a tightly sealed plastic bag for several days.
Preheat an oven to 400˚ F (200˚C). Butter standard muffin tins.
In a large bowl stir and toss together the bran, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In another bowl whisk together the eggs buttermilk, oil, molasses and honey until smooth. Stir in the raisins. Add to the combined dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about two-thirds full bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean about 15 minutes. Cool in tins for 3 minutes, then remove.
Makes about 24 standard muffins
Other Content of Muffin Recipe:
- Muffin Baking Basics
- Cooking Equipments for Mixing, Shaping and Baking Muffins
- How to make Corn Kernel Bacon Muffins?
- Cornmeal Nugget Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Buttermilk Bacon Muffins
- How to make Spice Muffins Recipe?
- Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- Triple Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- How to make Pear Pecan Muffins?
- Healthy Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
- Strawberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Recipe of Currant Muffins
- How to make Cinnamon Crunch Muffins?
- How to make Banana Bran Muffins?