Lets know a delicious recipe of currant muffins with it’s ingredient and instruction so that you can make it at home easily.
Ingredient currant muffins
For the topping:
- ¼ cup (2 oz/60g) sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the batter:
- 1 ½ cups (7 ½ oz/235 g) all-purpose (plain) flour
- ¼ cup (2 oz/60 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (6 fl oz/180 ml) buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz/90 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (2 ½ oz/75 g) orange marmalade
- ½ cup (3 oz/90g) dried currants
Currants are wonderful, full of flavor and sweetness. Even a small amount of them in a batter can seem like an abundance. These muffins have a cinnamon-sugar topping, and will remind you of a coffee cake.
Preheat an oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Butter standard muffin tins.
To make the topping, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small cup and set aside.
To make the batter, in a medium bowl stir and toss together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powdered salt. Set aside. In another medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda baking powder and salt. Set aside. In another medium bowl whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, egg, marmalade and currants until smooth. Add to the combined dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about three-quarters full. Sprinkle each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of the topping. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool in the tins for a moment, then remove.
Makes about 12 standard muffins
Other Content of Muffin Recipe:
- Muffin Baking Basics
- Cooking Equipments for Mixing, Shaping and Baking Muffins
- How to make Corn Kernel Bacon Muffins?
- Cornmeal Nugget Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Buttermilk Bacon Muffins
- How to make Spice Muffins Recipe?
- Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- Triple Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- How to make Pear Pecan Muffins?
- Healthy Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
- Strawberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Bran Muffins
- How to make Cinnamon Crunch Muffins?
- How to make Banana Bran Muffins?