When your sinuses are bothering you, avoid wheat and dairy products as much as possible. Instead, focus on an anti-inflammatory diet (beans and fresh vegetables are good options) to help ease they systemic inflammation that is contribution to your sinus woes. Other foods that can help: garlic (it contains the same chemical found in a drug that makes mucus less sticky, says Dr. Druce) and hot peppers, which contain capsaicin, a substance that can stimulate the nerve fibers and may act as a natural nasal decongestant. This clearign huevos rancheros recipe fits all the requirements for sinusitis sufferers.
Servings of clearign huevos rancheros recipe
- 1 can (14.5 oz) whole peeled tomatoes
- ½ sm onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- ¼ c chopped cilantro + additional for garnish juice of 1 lime
- 1 can (15 oz) black bean, rinsed and drained
- inch of cumin
- 8 lg eggs, preferably pasteurized (such as Safest Choice)
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- COMBINE tomatoes (with juice), onion, garlic, chipotle, cilantro, and half the lime juice in food processor and pulse until well blended but still slightly chunky for salsa. Season to taste.
- MIX black beans, cumin, and remaining lime juice in bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Use back of fork to lightly mash beans, adding a splash of warm water if necessary.
- HEAT large seasoned cast-iron skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Break eggs into skillet. Cook until whites have set but yolks are still loose and runny. Spread warm tortillas with beans and top with eggs and salsa. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired, and serve immediately.
NUTRITION (per serving) 381 cal, 22 g pro, 49 g carb, 10 g fiber, 12.5 fat, 3 g sat fat, 671 mg sodium
You may like also
- Skin Boosting Sautéed Kale Recipe
- Super Soothing Smoothie Recipe
- Mediterranean Penne and Beans Recipe
- Heart Healthy Pork Chops with Walnuts and Prunes Recipe