Every one like muffins and when it make of strawberry and orange I think all of us love it. It is as healthy as delicious.
So, a recipe of strawberry orange muffins are given below with ingredient and instruction.
Ingredient strawberry orange muffins recipe
- 2 ½ cups (11 ½ oz/360 g) all-purpose (plain) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (6 oz/185 g) sugar
- ½ cup (4 fl oz/125 ml) milk
- ½ cup (4 fl oz/125 ml) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (3 fl oz/80 ml) vegetable oil 1egg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1cup (4 oz/125 g) thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- About 1/3 cup (4 oz/125 g) strawberry jam
Slice the berries very thinly about 1/8 inch (3 mm) if you can then pat the slices dry between paper towels, to keep their juices form coloring the batter. These muffins also have a surprise: a dab of strawberry jam hidden in the center.
Preheat an oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Butter standard muffin tins.
In a large bowl stir and toss together the flour, baking powder , baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar, milk, sour cream, oil, egg and orange zest until mixed; stir in the strawberries. Add to the combined dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
Place a spoonful of batter in each prepared muffin cup. Top each with a scant teaspoon of strawberry jam. Spoon the remaining batter over the jam, filing each cup about two-thirds full.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then remove.
Makes about 16 standard muffins
Other Content of Muffin Recipe:
- Muffin Baking Basics
- Cooking Equipments for Mixing, Shaping and Baking Muffins
- How to make Corn Kernel Bacon Muffins?
- Cornmeal Nugget Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Buttermilk Bacon Muffins
- How to make Spice Muffins Recipe?
- Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- Triple Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- How to make Pear Pecan Muffins?
- Healthy Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Bran Muffins
- Recipe of Currant Muffins
- How to make Cinnamon Crunch Muffins?
- How to make Banana Bran Muffins?