Though organizational mood has great importance it also has some disadvantages. So, here we describe the advantages and disadvantages of organizational mood.
Benefits / Importance / Advantages of Organizational Mood
1. Chain of command: Positive and strong organizational mood established a strong chain of command.
2. Achievement of target: In an organization with a positive mood all the employees perform their duty perfectly according to their responsibility as a result organizations can achieve their target easily.
3. Organizational influence: An organization with a positive and strong mood has influence over customers and can dominate the product market.
4. Symbol of personality: An organization with a good mood has influencing power in the market or in society. That is the symbol of aristocracy and increased the personality of the employees.
6. Good Labor-Management Relations: Organizational mood develop a labor manager relationship.
7. Less undue request: In an organization with good mood everybody respects higher official and hear lower officials problem, as a result, undue respect reduced.
8. Loyalty may be ensured: Good organizational mood increases worker’s feelings about their organization. The measure of commitment based on obligation or, consumer preferences. Employee commitment towards the organization is strong. Through which loyalty ensure.
9. Public image: Organization has a good influence on the market. Organization product quality is high. That increases public image.
Problems / Dangers / Disadvantages of Organizational Mood
The organizational mood has some dangers. These are as follows:
1. Interpersonal conflict: Human resource management: A situation in which an individual or group frustrates, or tries to frustrate, the goal attainment efforts of the other.
2. Intergroup conflict: Different groups contain different types of mood within an organization. As a result of the different groups, conflict arises.
3. Misunderstanding: Sometimes higher officials keep them away from lower or other officials. When higher officials send a message to lower officials, this message or information may be distorted as a result create misunderstanding among employees.
4. Bad Labor-Management relations: Negative and low mood in the organization create bad relationship among labor and manager.
6. Miscommunication: Distortion of the message makes miscommunication.
7. Distortion of messages: Higher official’s information may be distorted at the time of transitions.
8. Lack of clarification: When an organization’s mood creates a group between higher and lower officials, then higher officials are not accountable to lower officials. So the message is not clarified when lower officials require.
9. Customer dissatisfaction: Due to low motivation and lower mood among officials product quality decrease which makes customer dissatisfaction.
Related Content of Organizational Mood:
- What is the Definition of Mood?
- Objectives of Organizational Mood
- Different Types of Mood
- Importance of Organizational Mood
- Factors Affecting Organizational Mood
- Some Characteristics of Moodiness
- Guidelines for Organizational Mood
- Organizational Mood and Organizational Behavior
- Proposed Model of Organizational Mood