Chicken has a variety of uses in our food chain specially chicken soup is really very delicious and famous among us. Today i am going to share a new types of chicken soup recipe and that is chicken wonton soup recipe. Let’s know detail about the recipe:
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4-6
Elements of chicken wonton soup recipe
- 175 g chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 30 gow gee wrappers (see Note)
- 410g can chicken consommé
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 8 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped, Fresh coriander leaves, extra
- Combine the chicken mince and coriander in a bowl and season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place 1 teaspoon of the chicken mixture just off centre on a gow gee wrapper, moisten the edge with water and fold in half, covering the filling, to form a half circle. Repeat with all of the mixture. Cover the wontons with a damp tea towel to prevent them from drying out.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken consommé with 1 liter water. Bring slowly to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute. Add the ginger, soy sauce and mirin, and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Gently lower the wontons into the soup, in batches, and simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until they are cooked. Return all the wontons to the pan and stir in the spring onion. Ladle into bowls and serve sprinkled with the extra coriander.
Nutrition per Serve (6)
Protein 8 g; Fat 1 g; Carbohydrate 6 g; Dietary Fibre 0.5 g; Cholesterol 16 mg; 128 kJ (65 cal)
Note: Gow gee wrappers are made for egg pasta or egg noodle dough. Buy them from Asian food stores.
You may like also
- Chicken Stock Cooking Hints and Tips
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
- How to Prepare Delicious Quick Chicken Soup?
- Glossary of Cooking Terms A to Z