A resume is the main part of a job application but most applicants make some common mistakes in resume. That is harmful so, we describe here some common resume problems below:
Common resume problems
- Too Long: Common problem of a resume is too many descriptions of the information and not concise, relevant, and to the point.
- Too short or sketchy: The resume may be too short or sketchy which will not give enough information for a proper evaluation of the applicant.
- Hard to read: Use of common space, lack of “white space” and of such devices like indention and boldfacing makes the reader’s job more difficult.
- Wordy: Description is verbose i.e many hard words are used which could be expressed simply.
- Too slick: A resume prepared by another person will imply the writer’s qualification, not the applicant’s qualification.
- Amateurish: Providing wrong or incomplete information will prove the applicant to be awkward regarding the business world.
- Poorly reproduced: The print is pale and dim which makes it difficult for the reader to read.
- Misspelled and ungrammatical throughout: An applicant who makes misspelled and ungrammatical mistakes will himself indicate his poor verbal skills.
- Boastful: A boastful word may make the recruiters doubtful.
- Dishonesty: Fraud information regarding work experience will express dishonesty.
- Gimmicky: If words, structure, decoration, or material used in the resume are found to be unusual then it will make the resume infective.
You May Like Also: