A resume is the main part of a job application but most applicants make some common mistakes in a resume. That is harmful so, we describe here some common resume problems below:
Common resume problems
1. Too Long: Common problem with a resume is too many descriptions of the information and not being concise, relevant, and to the point.
2. Too short or sketchy: The resume may be too short or sketchy which will not give enough information for a proper evaluation of the applicant.
3. Hard to read: Use of common space, lack of “white space” and such devices like indention and boldfacing make the reader’s job more difficult.
4. Wordy: Description is verbose i.e many hard words are used which could be expressed simply.
5. Too slick: A resume prepared by another person will imply the writer’s qualification, not the applicant’s qualification.
6. Amateurish: Providing wrong or incomplete information will prove the applicant to be awkward regarding the business world.
7. Poorly reproduced: The print is pale and dim which makes it difficult for the reader to read.
8. Misspelled and ungrammatical throughout: An applicant who makes misspelled and ungrammatical mistakes will himself indicate his poor verbal skills.
9. Boastful: A boastful word may make the recruiters doubtful.
10. Dishonesty: Fraud information regarding work experience will express dishonesty.
11. Gimmicky: If words, structure, decoration, or material used in the resume are found to be unusual then it will make the resume infective.
You May Like Also: