Effective strategic human resource management should follow some guidelines. These guidelines can help management establish and maintain a successful SHRM.
However, these management guidelines for strategic human resource management are discussed below:
Management Guidelines for strategic human resource management
1. Determine Corporate Strategy: Corporate strategy should be determined first and then human resource strategy should be developed. The human resource – that is the strategy developed should be consistent with the corporate strategy.
2. Integrate with Other Strategy: Human resource strategy should be consistent with other functional strategies such as finance, marketing, and engineering.
3. Flexible and Ready: It is necessary that strategy formulation should ready and flexible.
4. Involve with strategy Formulation: Human resource managers, particularly those at the top of the organization, should be involved in the strategy formulation process.
5. Consider AH Employees: Human resource strategy should consider all human resources in an organization, not just hourly or operative employees.
6. Consider the outside Environment: The outside environment and competition should be explicitly considered in formulating both overall organization and human resource strategies.
7. Sense about Environment: The better and more accurately the manager makes sense of the organization’s internal and external environment, for a better decision.
8. Project Consequences: Human resources should project both intended and unintended consequences of decisions as they might affect human resources.
9. Match with Strategy and Labor Market: Competition and labor market dynamics have an impact on the success of strategic human resource decisions: Human resource managers should develop a realistic match between corporate strategies and economies of the labor market.
You May Like Also:
- Causes of the inefficiency of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh organizations
- Need for High-Level Values of SHRM in Bangladesh Organizations
- Importance of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh organizations
- Objectives of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Proposed model for strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Advantages of success of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Problems of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Factors Determining the Efficiency of SHRM in Bangladesh
- Nature of Strategic Human Resource Management Practices in Bangladesh
- Principal Task of Strategic Human Resources Management
- Importance of the environment for strategic human resource management
- 5 Ps of Strategic Human Resource Management
- Process of Strategic Human Resource Management
- 13 Models of Strategic Human Resource Management
- 7 Barriers to Strategic Human Resource Management
- 6 Characteristics of Strategic Human Resource Management
- Job analysis strategic choices for human resource management