The nature of strategic human resource management practices is discussed below:
Nature of Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM)
1. Management is more or less efficient
Bangladesh is a developing country. SHRM is introduced in our country a few years ago. All of the organizations in our country are not using this largely.
Some organizations are applying SHRM properly. Their organizations. As a result, management can do their activities effectively.
But some organizations are not applying systematically and largely. So management cannot do their work effectively and they do not get better results. Regarding this discussion, we can say that management is more or less efficient.
2. Employees are more or less committed
In Bangladesh, employees are more or less committed to their organizations and employers. They try to provide their best efforts to the organization as their success depends on the success of their organizations.
So we find that most of the employees try to perform their assigned tasks effectively. Some employees are not enough committed to work.
3. Employees are more or less skilled
Bangladesh is a small and developing country. But its population is large, in number. Its educational and training institutional infrastructure is not good enough.
So there are so many unskilled and semi-skilled people available in our country. But there are some skilled and qualified employees who can perform their tasks effectively.
4. Govt. pressure is high
In our country, the govt. interferes in every sector, particularly in public organizations. More or less every public organization faces government pressure.
Some collective bargaining agents (CBA) who are affiliated with political parties highly pressurize the organizations to implement their decisions. So it is very difficult to practice fair and free SHRM in our organizations.
5. The decision comes from the Government
One of the most important natures of SHRM in Bangladesh is that most of the decisions come from the Govt. which limits the scope of the organization to practice SHRM properly in fact this is a negative nature of SHRM practice in Bangladesh.
Govt. sometimes makes better policies but it should not interfere to a large extent in the SHRM practice of the organization.
6. The high degree of irregularities
Organizations do not always involve in SHRM practices in Bangladesh. Executives in SHRM are very irregular and reluctant to SHRM practices. Organizations sometimes check their policies relating to SHRM practices.
That is why a high degree of indiscipline is observed among the HR personnel which leads to a high degree of irregularities in SHRM practices in Bangladesh,
7. Lack of sense of accountability
A sense of accountability is very important for the success of an organization. Accountability helps management to work in the right way. It also helps to make decisions correctly. But the SHRM of Bangladesh is highly affected by a lack of proper accountability.
Especially people in public organizations are not as accountable as they need. That is why unethical and illegal activities occurred in the organization and the performance of the organization is reduced.
8. Lack of human resource poky
There are a lot of policies regarding different factors in Bangladesh. But unfortunately, there is no human resource policy in the public sector in Bangladesh.
Some private organizations have their own human resource policy and on the basis of the policy, they treat their human resources.
As there is no proper human resource policy in the public sector, they do not follow, any specific human resource recruitment policy, selection policy, training policy, etc.
9. The heavy pressure on Trade Unions
Bangladesh is a land of democracy. But free and fair democracy is not practiced in organizations. Particularly in a government organization, a trade union makes different problems.
In most cases, it is seen that leaders of the trade union always emphasized their interests and even sometimes they create more pressure on the management. So managers face dilemmas while confronting trade unions.
10. Undue political pressure
In Bangladesh, every company faces undue political pressure. Most companies face this pressure from top to bottom and that corrupts their working level.
Every management faces this pressure and is bound to accept this pressure in every aspect. It hampers the fair practice of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh.
11. Lack of quick decision
A quick decision is a very important factor for an organization. Sometimes top management can not take the right decision within a short time which makes a great problem in the long term.
SHRM helps the management to take the quick and right decision that increases the performance of the organization.
12. Improper utilization of all resources
In strategic human resource management of Bangladesh, one of its natures is improper utilization of all resources. We have enough resources but we do not know the exact place to use them. Even we do not know the way to utilize the resources.
13. Lack of proper environment
The environment plays an important role in each and every aspect of work. By environment, we mean the surrounding factors which positively or negatively affect our activities.
Similarly, it has some effect on human resource management practice in working areas. In Bangladesh, there is a lack of a proper environment for SHRM practices.
14. Lack of proper Labor-Management Relations (LMR)
In Bangladesh, LMR is not good. Here it is seen that laborers think of management as their opponent whereas management thinks that they are bosses.
So there is a gap between labor and management which makes many problems in the organization. Even this situation also creates problems for SHRM in the organization.
To implement their strategic management should remove this gap and develop good relations,
15. Lack of corporate strategic culture
In Bangladesh, there does exist a situation of lack of corporate strategic culture in different organizations. Strategic culture is an established culture that involves all of the human resource values, beliefs, opinions, and behavior.
So if there is any established corporate culture then it will help to establish an environment in which employees can get the opportunity to work collaboratively.
16. Presence of informal relations among the employees
In Bangladesh, there are various organizations where informal relations exist. Informal relations are very important for human resource division regarding promotion, transfer, benefits, compensations, etc. In our country, informal relations also provide a good environment for the employees.
You May Like Also:
- Causes of the inefficiency of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh organizations
- Need for High-Level Values of SHRM in Bangladesh Organizations
- Importance of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh organizations
- Objectives of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Proposed model for strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Advantages of success of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Problems of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Factors Determining the Efficiency of SHRM in Bangladesh
- Principal Task of Strategic Human Resources Management
- Importance of the environment for strategic human resource management
- Management Guidelines for strategic human resource management
- 5 Ps of Strategic Human Resource Management
- Process of Strategic Human Resource Management
- 13 Models of Strategic Human Resource Management
- 7 Barriers to Strategic Human Resource Management
- 6 Characteristics of Strategic Human Resource Management
- Job analysis strategic choices for human resource management