A co-operative society is essentially an association of persons who join together on a voluntary basis for the furtherance of their common economic interests. The main objectives of Co-operative society are given below:
Objectives of a co-operative society
1. Creating savings: Co-operative society creates a tendency of savings to their members. Their small savings create the capital of co-operative society.
2. Bringing economic welfare: Co-operative society is created not only for active profit but also for bringing economic welfare for its members. For this purpose, it gives different facilities for buying and selling goods and also gives loans to members.
3. Creating unity and solidarity: The moral of co-operative society is “Unity is strength”. So, one of the best objectives of a co-operative society is to give the light to cross the poverty line and work together.
4. Organizing: Co-operative society organizes all of its members. Some middle class and lower class people jointly form a society in order to reach some goods. According to the rules of the co-operative society.
5. Development of efficiency: It provides training opportunities to its members in the use of modern technology. Besides, it helps members grow in their own areas of operation.
6. Supply of goods at a fair price: One of the prime objectives is to provide goods or services at fair prices to their members.
7. Defense against disturbance: When small producers produce the product they face some problems. To protect themselves from problems and to conduct the business smoothly they form a co-operative society.
Other Content of Co-operative Society: