Poppy seed is a very healthy food as well as delicious and when it apply in a muffins that will be a great food for every one. So, here we provide a poppy seed muffins recipe with element and direction so that you can make it at home.
Ingredient of poppy seed muffins recipe
- 1 ½ cups (7 ½ oz 235 g) all-purpose (plain) flour
- ½ cup (1 ½ oz/40 g) toasted wheat germ
- 1/3 cup (3 oz/90 g) poppyseeds
- 1/3 cup (3 oz/90 g) sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (2 oz/60 g) unsalted butter, melted
Poppy seeds have a subtle but unique flavor a little earthy end a little spicy at the same time and they add a nice crunch. Their flavor is complemented by sweet lemon glaze. Wheat germ is usually available toasted, in jars.
Roast unprocessed wheat germ in a dry frying pan over medium heat, stirring almost constantly, until lightly browned. If you prefer to omit the wheat germ, increase the amount of flour to 2 cups (10 oz/315 g). if you like, spoon the batter into a half-dozen large muffin cups and serve these giants for breakfast.
Preheat an oven to 400˚F (200˚). Butter standard muffin tins.
In a large bowl stir and toss together the flour, wheat germ, poppy seeds, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about two thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffin comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool in the tins for 3 minutes, then remove.
Makes about 12 standard muffins
Other Content Muffin Recipe:
- Muffin Baking Basics
- Cooking Equipments for Mixing, Shaping and Baking Muffins
- How to make Corn Kernel Bacon Muffins?
- Cornmeal Nugget Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Buttermilk Bacon Muffins
- How to make Spice Muffins Recipe?
- Triple Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- How to make Pear Pecan Muffins?
- Healthy Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
- Strawberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Bran Muffins
- Recipe of Currant Muffins
- How to make Cinnamon Crunch Muffins?
- How to make Banana Bran Muffins?