Lets know how to prepare buttermilk bacon muffins at home and which ingredient are needed for buttermilk bacon muffins.
Ingredient of buttermilk bacon muffins
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups (10 oz/315g) all-purpose (pain) flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (3 fl oz/80 ml) corn oil
- 1 egg
- 1 small Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
Apples and smoky bacon are a wonderful combination anytime, and they make a good-tasting muffin, too. Serve these for breakfast with fried or scrambled eggs or with a bowl of hot cereal. Store leftover muffins in the refrigerator.
Preheat an oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Butter standard muffin tins.
In frying pan, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain and cool. Crumble the cooled bacon and set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir and toss together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, oil and egg until smooth. Add to the combined dry ingredients, along with the apple and the reserved bacon, and stir just until blended.
Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about three-quarters full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the tins for 3 minutes, then remove.
Makes about 12 standard muffins
Other Content of Muffin Recipe:
- Muffin Baking Basics
- Cooking Equipments for Mixing, Shaping and Baking Muffins
- How to make Corn Kernel Bacon Muffins?
- Cornmeal Nugget Muffins Recipe
- How to make Spice Muffins Recipe?
- Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- Triple Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
- How to make Pear Pecan Muffins?
- Healthy Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
- Strawberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Recipe for Bran Muffins
- Recipe of Currant Muffins
- How to make Cinnamon Crunch Muffins?
- How to make Banana Bran Muffins?