At a glance we think that account and accounting both are same but there is some difference between account and accounting which are mention below:
Difference between account and accounting
Account: An accounting record, in which the results of transactions are accumulated, shows an increase, decreases, and database. It is a record of financial transactions, credit extended, the commercial relationship involving credit, a customer, and a financial fund.
Accounting: It refers to the systemic recording, reporting, and analysis of financial transactions of a business.
According to the American Accounting Association (AAA) –“Accounting refers to the process of identifying measuring and communicating economic information to permit informed judgment and decisions by users of the information.”
So, Accounting can be defined as the recording, classifying, summarizing and interpreting in a significant manner and in terms of money, transactions and events of a financial character.
You May Like Also:
- Accounting as a career / profession
- The concepts / Assumptions / Principles of accounting
- The Modifying Accounting Conventions
- Difference between bookkeeping and accounting
- Steps in the accounting process
- Some Core Concepts of Accounting
- Functions of Accounting
- Basic principles of accounting information system
- What is the Definition of Accounting?