Financial managers are responsible for the proper flow of funds. They help the company for the proper uses of funds and also to find appropriate sources of funds. They also invest excess cash to earn additional income of the company.
In performing these duties, the financial manager has to manage the company’s working capital, develop capital budgets, and develop appropriate controls. So, here we discuss how to manage the finance of a firm.
How to manage the finance of a firm
- Managing Working Capital: If a firm’s current liabilities are subtracted from its current assists, the result is the value of working capital. Working capital represents the amount of capital available for the day-to-day running of the firm. Sufficient working capital is obviously important to the effective management of a firm’s operations.
- Develop Capital Budgets: Capital budgets represent the funds allocated for future investments of the firm’s cash. These may be for the development of the factory installation, of machinery etc. The process of capital budgeting involves comparing and evaluating alternative investments.
- Developing Financial Control: Financial controls mean that once cash flow projection, capital budgets, and so on are established, they must be reviewed to make sure that the actual results match projected ones.
Other Content of Business Finance:
- What is the Definition of Finance?
- Scope and Functions of Business Finance
- Principles of Business Finance
- Types of Business Finance
- What are the Sources of Business Finance?
- Specialized Financial Institutions in Bangladesh
- Problems of Financial Institutions in Bangladesh