Though franchise businesses, often, are attractive tut sometime it may be a problem and unprofitable the franchisees.
As such, a close study of the circumstances is urgently called for to arrive at a cone decision.
Under the following situations owning a small business through franchise is not advisable:
When small business franchise is not advisable
- No Sizable Demand: Market study reveals that for convention/cultural reasons, proposed or service, at present, has no sizable demand within the territory for which franchise is sought-
- Un encouraging Buying Habits: Number of possible customer and their buying habits territory is not at acceptable level.
- Too Many Litigation: The parent company is known to have involved in too many litigation with many or its franchisees on different issues, otherwise manageable.
- Existent Franchisees: An unhealthy competition of the same product/service already prevails in the market for the proposed products for which franchise is sought. This occurred for reasons of the existence of a number of franchisees of the same product/service of the same parent company.
- No/Declining Goodwill: The parent company either has no reputation or goodwill or the existent goodwill is on decline.
- Unsatisfactory Financial Transactions: The record of financial transactions of the parent company with their existing franchisees as well as their bankers is known to be not satisfactory.
- Unfavorable Terms: Terms and conditions contained in the contract/agreement are found to be mostly parent company biased and not favorable for the franchisee who has applied for such facility.
You May Like Also: