There are lots of functions of the formal organization. Here in the following points, we will discuss seven functions of formal organization. These are the following:
Functions of formal organization
1. Set specific goals for the organization: A formal organization has to set specific goals for the personnel working in it. By achieving the goals individually achieved the organization as a whole will be benefited in achieving the eventual goals.
2. Establishing a working relationship: In the formal organization, the primary goal is to establish an effective working relationship and to establish a clear chain of command. An effective work relationship is the most important thing for the goals.
3. Create group cohesiveness: Creating a sense of cohesiveness and belongings among the groups of the personnel working in a formal organization. The employee interpersonal interaction is important for the functioning of an organization.
4. Organizational Development: A formal organization works on organizational development by testing all the rules and regulations and the chain of activities as a present. Organization detects any problem and work to change them if necessary for better service.
5. Discipline: Discipline within an organization is important to get the best result of it. The organization management has to find a proper way to achieve proper discipline.
6. Human Resource Development: It helps in other human resources development activates such as recruitment, promotions, career planning envelopment, and manpower planning. The important part of an organization is its development and manpower planning.
The important part of an organization is its employees A formal organization gives the opportunity to treat the human resources within the organization. The development and improvement of human resources are easy in a formal organization.
7. Establishing organizational credentials: Formal organization establishes organizational credentials also among the different parties within or outside the organization. Strict compliance with sweet rules creates a good image of both management as well as the organization.
Related Content of Formal Organization: