It is composed of 3 (three) members and an appointed by and remains responsible to the Supervisory Board. It is entrusted with the responsibility to execute the plans, policies, and objectives set by the Supervisory Board. In fact, this is the executive organ of the enterprise and makes sure that the managers do their jobs well. Let’s know first what is management board.
Just below the Management Board remains the Works Council, through which direct representation of workers in management is ensured. Based on the number of workers employed, there may be onto 35 members of the Works Council of which more than 50% is to be from among workers.
The range of functions of the Works Council is very big. According to Adolf Strum that, Works Council is empowered to participate in the making of major decisions regarding expansion, working environment, salary and wages, factory discipline.
Selection, promotion, training, and dismissal. This Council, in fact, forms the core of co-determination, and no important function within the enterprise can be performed without its approval. Thus the flow of communication under Co-determinations a two way one and ensures the participation of workers in management in the real sense of the term.
Related Content of Management:
- Gradual Evolution of the Management System in Japan
- Special Features of Japanese Management
- Bangladesh and its Management System
- Management Structure of Industries in Bangladesh
- Prospects of Management in Bangladesh
- Success Story of Top Level Management Employee
- What does mean by Business Administration and Management?
- Classical Approach to Management Thought
- Behavioral and Human Relations Approach toward Management
- Systems Approach Management Thought
- Contingency Approach for Management Safety
- Contemporary Management Approaches
- Glossary of Terms and Abbreviations Regarding Management