The general purposes of recruitment are to provide a pool of potentially qualified job candidates Specifically, the purposes are discussed below:
Purposes of recruitment
- Determine the present and future requirements: To determine the present and future requirements of the organization in conjunction with its personnel planning and job analysis activities. This is one of the most important purposes of recruitment.
- Increase the pool of job: To increase the pool of job candidates at minimum post cost.
- Help to increase the success rate: To help increase the success rate of the selection process by reducing the number of visible under qualified or overqualified job applicants.
- Help reduce the probability: To help reduce the probability that job applicants, once recruited and selected, will cave e organization only after a short period of time.
- Meet organization’s social and legal obligation: It should meet organization’s social and legal obligation toward composition of its workforce
- Begin identifying job applicants: To begin identifying job applicants and preparing potential jot applicants who will be appropriate candidates.
- Increase effectiveness: To increase organizational and individual effectiveness in the short term and long term.
- Evaluate the effectiveness: To evaluate the effectiveness of various recruiting techniques am sources for all types of job applicants.This is the last purposes of recruitment.
5 Major Reasons: Why You Need a Recruitment Policy
Writing associate degree correct position description is a vital part of the enlisting method. It describes the first tasks concerned additionally because the core competencies needed to perform the role.
A good enlisting and choice policy would need those writing job descriptions to relinquish precedence to the competencies that may create the foremost positive contribution to the organization’s business needs (i.e. flexibility, initiative, leadership, etc.).
A good enlisting and choice policy also will need that hiring managers use pre-determined criteria in any respect stages of the enlisting method, thereby reducing the chance of bias or discrimination.
In the screening stage, the key choice criteria ought to are determined before the work was publicized and clearly displayed within the process and verbal description.
Each candidate would then be evaluated in keeping with those criteria solely. Once interviewing candidates, identical interviewers ought to be the gift at every interview and a group of pre-determined queries asked of every candidate, permitting them equal time to reply.
Reference checks ought to be conducted before any appointment is formed and will be dispensed in a very consistent manner (i.e. asking similar queries of every candidate’s referees and former employers).
It ought to be noted that treating everybody systematically doesn’t continuously imply fairness. If a candidate is a drawback for any reason (i.e. encompasses a disability), you will take their individual circumstances into consideration, so that they ar gave associate degree civil rights to gift their case.
Privacy and civil rights legislation need that the enlisting method is conducted in a very honest and clear manner and a decent enlisting and choice policy can continuously create this very clear to recruiters.
During no stage of the enlisting method (from advertising to interviewing) will there be any discriminatory behavior, supported a person’s age, sex, legal status, religion, position, sexual orientation or incapacity.
A candidate could have recourse to the proceeding if they feel they need to be discriminated against. Thus tendency isn’t solely the proper factor to try and do; it’s additionally prudent risk management observe.
Discrimination is also quite unintentional.
For example, victimization terms in a very job advertising like ‘young and energetic’ or ‘new graduate’ could seem harmless enough, however, ought to be avoided as they’re implying that you just should be young to use for the work.
Privacy laws additionally need that a candidate’s application is treated confidentially. Penalties apply if breaches occur, thus here additionally, a decent enlisting and choice policy helps to guard the organization’s best interests.
An enlisting and choice policy that reminds employees concerning the implications of attainable lapses like these will go an extended approach towards making certain they excellent happen.
Not all job advertisements are real.
Some are placed by organizations wants to make up a ‘talent pool’ or to easily to check the waters and see what’s out there.
If associate degree organization incorporate bound application procedures to be followed, wild dates can feel assured the position they’re applying for arable exists which their efforts won’t be vain.
Candidates may see you’re a respectable leader by the nice practices you follow associate degree are a lot of seemingly to need to become a worker of your organization.
By requiring clear procedures at each step, the enlisting and choice policy ensures that each one stakeholder within the enlisting method (HR, chief, line manager, etc. are able to follow the method and be assured of the result.
Candidates ought to be unbroken hip to of the standing of their application and notified if unsuccessful. Reasons for selections created throughout the enlisting method ought to be documented and a clear appeals method place in situ if a candidate is sad with the result.
You May Like Also:
- Definition of recruitment and selection
- Difference between recruitment and selection
- 4 Environmental factors influencing selection
- Difference between recruitment and selection