Resume is main part of a job application but most of applicant make some common mistake in resume. That is harmful so, we discribe here some common resume problems below:
Common resume problems
- Too Long: Common problem of resume is too many description of information and not concise, relevant and to the point.
- Too short or sketchy: The resume may be too short or sketchy which will not give enough information for a proper evaluation of the applicant.
- Hard to read: Use of common space, lack of “white space” and of such devices like indention and bold facing makes the reader’s job more difficult.
- Wordy: Description is verbose i.e many hard words are used which could be expressed simply.
- Too slick: A resume prepared by other person will imply the writer’s qualification not the applicant’s qualification.
- Amateurish: Providing wrong or incomplete information will prove the applicant to be awkward regarding business world.
- Poorly reproduced: The print is pale and dim which make it difficult for the reader to read.
- Misspelled and ungrammatical Throughout: Applicant who makes misspelled and ungrammatical mistakes will himself indicate his poor verbal skills.
- Boastful: A boastful word may make the recruiters doubtful.
- Dishonesty: Fraud information regarding work experience will express dishonesty.
- Gimmicky: If words, structure, decoration or material used in the resume are found to be unusual then it will make the resume infective.
You May Like Also: