There are seven foundation competencies of organizational behavior. These are very important for ensuring good and acceptable behavioral environment in an organization.
These seven competencies may be explained in the following points:
- Managing Self.
- Managing Communication
- Managing Diversity
- Managing Ethics
- Managing Across cultures
- Managing Teams
- Managing Change
Detail of seven foundation competencies of organizational behavior
- Managing Self: If anybody can manage himself in showing acceptable behavior to others then easily organization can a good behavioral climate. Not only can that he ask all of his subordinates to show same standard of behavior.
- Managing Communication: Successful communication is very important for ensuring good behavior among the groups. If is managed properly and effective communication is made from the very beginning-we can hope that everybody will behave as per expectation of others.
- Managing Diversity: Diversity is inevitable. Because people come different family from different environment and with many expectations. Despite these differences people have to work together and acceptable behavior.
- Managing Ethics: Every manager must be ethical and without any fail he must try to ensure ethical behavior in the organization. He will never compromise with injustice. Thus anybody can expect then good behavior.
- Managing Across cultures: Cultural differences are there throughout the world. In an organization, people from many cultures may work. Sop it is not unusual that their behavior would be different. For the sack of good behavioral climate, everybody should tolerant about culture of others.
- Managing Teams: Teams are main forces of an organization. Inter team good behavior can contribute a lot for maintaining good human and labor management relations. Proper direction and control measures should be imposed for good behavior.
- Managing Change: Change is a regular phenomenon. In every organization, change is taking continuously. Therefore, the duty of every manager is to use these changed behavior and environment for the achievement of organizational objectives.
Related Content of Introduction: