There are lots of functions of formal organization. Here in the following points, we will discuss seven functions of formal organization. These are following:
Functions of formal organization
- Set specific Goals for organization: A formal organization has to set specific goals for the personnel working in it. By achieving the goals individually achieved the organization as a whole will be benefited in achieving the eventual goals.
- Establishing working relationship: In formal organization the primary goal is to establish an efficient working relationship and to establish a clear chain of command. The effective work relationship is the most important think for the goals.
- Create group cohesiveness: Creating a sense off cohesiveness and belongings among the groups of the personnel working in a formal in a formal organization. The employee interpersonal interaction is important for the functioning of an organization.
- Organizational Development: A formal organization works on the organizational development by testing all the rules and regulations and the chain of activities as present. Organization detects any problem and work to change them if necessary for better service.
- Discipline: Discipline within an organization is important to get the best result of it. The organization management has to find a proper way to achieve proper discipline.
- Human Resource Development: It helps in other human resources development activates such as recruitment, promotions, career planning an envelopment and manpower planning. The important part of a organization is its development and manpower planning. The important part of a organization is its employees A formal organization gives the opportunity to treat the human resources within the organization. The development and improvement of human resource is easy in a formal organization.
- Establishing organizational credentials: Formal organization establishes organizational credentials also among the different parties within or outside the organization. Strict compliance of sweet rules creates good image of both management as well as organization.
Related Content of Formal Organization:
- Models / Theories of Formal Organization
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Formal Organization
- Principles of Formal Organization
- Guidelines for Formal Organization