During your career, you will probably write two types of reference letters-
- Letters requesting recommendations or references from someone.
- Letters of recommendation written for someone else.
Employers often want to know something about the character, work habits, training and experience of their candidates. In this context, you can request someone to act as references for you.
If someone agrees to your request, mention their names addresses and telephone numbers on your references list.Â If someone agrees to act as references for you, inform them the following in your letter:
- The specific position you are applying for.
- Explain reasons why you wish to use the individual reference.
- A stamped, self-addressed envelope for his or her reply.
Requesting reference letter Sample for employmentÂ
I am applying for the Assistant research officer at ICDDRB, Mohakhali, Dhaka. I worked with you for a long time and received my basic primary training and management experience from you and your renowned organization. I feel that you know me well and familiar with my working capability and efficiency better than anyone. Thus I would like to mention your name a referee.
Would you be willing to write a letter of recommendation on my behalf to Md. Abbas Ahamed, Director, ICDDRB.
I have enclosed a stamped self-addressed envelope for your reply.