In one word definition of finance is as the art and science of managing money. Virtually all individuals and organizations earn or raise and spend or invest money.
Finance is concerned with the processes, institutions, l markets and instruments involved in the transfer of money between individuals, businesses and governments.
Financial management is concerned with the acquisition, finance and management of assets with some overall goals in mind.
Definition of finance
According to B.O. Wheeler, “Business finance is that activates which is concerned with the acquisition and conservation of capital funds in meeting the financial need and overall objective of business enterprise.”
According to Dr. R.E. Gloss & Dr. H. Baker, “Business finance is concerned with the sources of funds available to enterprise of all sizes and the proper use of money or credit obtained room such sources”
At last we can say that, the study of money within the firm; the business function responsible for finding funds, managing them, and determining their best use is business finance.
Other Content of Business Finance:
- Scope and Functions of Business Finance
- Principles of Business Finance
- Types of Business Finance
- What are the Sources of Business Finance?
- How to Manage the Finance of a Firm?
- Specialized Financial Institutions in Bangladesh
- Problems of Financial Institutions in Bangladesh