Job satisfaction is the key to success for any organization. So, every organization should study their employ satisfaction. Here we describe some major advantages of job satisfaction studies below:
Advantages of Job Satisfaction Studies
1. Monitoring Attitudes: One benefit of attitude studies is that they give management an indication of general levels of satisfaction in a company.
Surveys also indicate the specific areas of satisfaction or dissatisfaction (such as employee services) and the particular groups of employees (such as the marketing department or those employees who are approaching retirement).
2. In other words, a survey tells how employees feel about their jobs, what parts of their jabs these feelings are focused on, which departments are particularly affected, and whose feelings are involved (e.g., supervisors, employees, or staff specialists).
3. Training needs can be identified, since employees can report how well they feel their supervisor performs certain parts of the job, such as delegating work and giving adequate instructions.
Surveys can also help managers plan and monitor new programs, by getting feedback on proposed changes in advance and then conducting a follow-up survey to evaluative the actual response. The following example illustrates the multiple payoffs from attitude surveys:
4. Aaron Goldberg had strong feelings about how management could improve its ways of working with people. He felt that some changes were needed.
For more than a year he had been waiting for the right opportunity to-express his viewpoints, but the opportunity never seemed to develop. His ideas were bottled up within him, and he was beginning to feel agitated.
5. At about this time management distributed a job satisfaction survey that included generous space for employee comments.
Aaron filled out the comments pages and then felt much better because finally, he had a chance to give management his ideas. The firm gained both useful ideas and a more satisfied employee.
Related Content of Job Satisfaction:
- What is the Definition of Job Satisfaction?
- Levels of Job Satisfaction
- Various Job Satisfaction Factors
- Relationship between Job Satisfaction and Productivity
- Benefits / Advantages of Job Satisfaction Studies
- Different Types of Job Satisfaction Surveys
- Different Types of Survey Questions which are Mostly used in Survey
- Uses of Survey Information getting form Job Satisfaction Survey