When you send an application you must attach a cover letter with your application and review the checklist to ensure there is no missing all this basic things so that you can send a perfect cover letter to your prospective employer.
So, here we provide a cover letter checklist below:
Cover Letter Checklist
- Check the contact name and company name.
- Try to send your application to an individual, if it is possible.
- Mention your position where you apply for and where it was listed.
- Recheck your personal information like name, address, home phone, cell phone, email.
- Mention name and designation if you have a contact at that company in first paragraph.
- Your cover letter might have to be targeted to the post you applied for.
- Your letter need to be organized, clear, concise and focused on your strong side.
- Explain clearly if you have any gap in your job history.
- 10 or 12 is the best font size for cover letter it is easy to read and font should be Time New Roman or Arial, for example.
- Reconfirm that there is no typographical, grammatical or spelling mistake.
- Read your cover letter loudly so that you can make sure there are no missing words.
- Collect a copy of your cover letter for your personal records.
- Sign the letter if you send hard copy.
- Send your application in a business envelope (first choice) and make sure your letter is on top of resume.
You May Like Also: