An interview is intended to perform many things. Functions of a job interview have great importance for both interviewer and interviewee.
Functions of job interview are as follows :
- Interview obtains facts, opinion, or attitudes from the candidate or interviewer.
- The interviewer provides facts, opinions, or attitudes to the interviewee.
- The employment interview is an opportunity to hire an interviewer. Whereas it is an opportunity to get a suitable job for an interviewee.
- In the case of a persuasive interview, the interviewer tries to persuade the interviewer to shape up attitude or behavior.
- The performance appraisal interview gives the employee feedback regarding his performance and helps to encourage and reward employees.
- The interview can recognize the performance of a respondent under the streets.
Therefore interviewer and judge the competence and ability of an interviewee to work under pressure.
You May Like Also: