A few steps can be useful for establishing an effective benefits plan. These steps may be followed systematically. In most of the cases, employers and managers follow these steps and these steps for benefits plans in the organization are as follows:
Steps for benefits plans
1. Collect facts: Collect facts about the history of the firm’s worker’s compensation. Compare these figures to profits, sales, and salaries to see if they are out of proportion.
2. Be sure to understand: Be sure to understand the current programs in safety and health. Are there areas that can be improved?
3. Invite outside vendors: Invite outside vendors especially insurance carriers, who often have innovative plans and can propose alternative plans that will help curb rising costs.
4. Become more involved: Become more involved in the workers’ compensation reforms in the states in which the company does business. Us voice may help to change the process.
5. Communicate information: Communicate information about workers’ compensation benefits to employees it can keep them from taking an adversarial stance.
6. Show concern in an emergency: Show concern in an emergency the use of in-house clinics that can provide immediate attention to injuries and reduce the need for outside care.
7. Penalize careless managers: Penalize careless managers charge claims to the operating unit in which the injury occurs.
8. Get employees back to work fast: Get employees back to work fast. The longer the employee stays away from work, the more attitudes toward him or her and work change. The employee may never come back.
9. Find out the Cause of injuries: Find out what may cause injuries. Many injuries can result from common problems that are easily fixed.
You May Like Also: