Employment letters / cover letter are those in which someone applies for a job. Request a letter of reference, for a reference, accept or refuse the position. It is very usual to write such or more times letter during working period.
The best way to write effective cover letters can help one’s to compete successfully in the competitive job market. Some important points which must be kept in mind while applying for a job. Indentified points are-
- Remember that the immediate objective of your application is not to secure the job but to get an interview call.
- Highlights applicant’s qualities in a subtle manner.
- Give the complete particulars as desired by the prospective employer. In a simple and straight forward manner.
- Type of the application should be neat and correct.
- Always sent the original copy. Not the duplicate copy.
Job application may have different types. There are two basic method of writing application such as-
- Application which includes resume
- Application with separate resume.
The sample letters of both types are presented.
The first type includes all information about oneself in the body of the letter. The second type followed by a brief formal letter of application with resume in a separate sheet.
Some guideline for first type:
- State the definite post you are applying for.
- The name of the newspaper in which you have one through the advertisement and also mention its date. The name of newspaper may be underlined.
- After that include all information regarding age educational qualification, course of the study, previous experience etc. If you have a lot of information to include you can take two paragraphs.
- If you have any experience, mention the name of the firm, the name and official title of your immediate superior, date of your joining in the firm and also mention the reasons of your ability, training and character.
- Besides these relevant documents (photographs, certificates, And Bank draft etc) should be enclosed herewith according to the advertisement.
Cover letter gives a chance to applicant to say something to favor of his / her application. So, we can say that cover letter play a vital role in employment. For that reason here we provide some effective cover letter templates or sample.
Cover Letter Template for an assistant lecturer
Sub: an application for the post of an assistant lecturer.
With due respect I wish to apply of r the post of an Assistant Lecturer as advertised in the Bangladesh Observer July 15 2012. At present I am 25 years old. I have completed my S. S.C. and H.S. C. from Barisal govt. girl’s high school and govt. Women’s college, Barisal respectively. Although I was a student of science I chose of Humanities group at degree level. I received my B. A (Hons) degree from the National University in 1996. Now I get myself admitted in B. ED course at the Teacher’s training college Dhaka which will be completed within two months.
I have no previous experience of teaching in school or college but. I coached school student in upper classes. I specially prefer teaching. In fact I always want to be a teacher and that is why I am trying to complete B.ED course.
Cover Letter Sample for Research officer
Sub: prayer for the post of Research officer.
In response to your advertisement In “The Daily Star” dated 7 July, 2002. I wish to apply for the post of Research officer.
At present I am working as Research Assistant in shanivor Bangladesh.” But I feel that your job offers greater scope for me to expose my abilities.
I take the job with a great sense of responsibility, enjoy the challenges of new situation and expect to make a positive contribution in the above mentioned post.
Hoping to get an early interview call.
Cover letter templates for private secretary
16 may 2012
Subject: Application for the post of Private Secretary.
In my present post of Private Secretary to the general manager at a manufacturing company, I have a wide range of responsibilities. These include attending and taking minutes of meeting on interviews, dealing with callers and correspondence in my employer’s absence and supervise junior staff, as well as the usual secretarial duties.
The kind of work in which your company is engaged particularly interests me and I would welcome the opportunity as it would afford to use my language abilities, which are not utilized in my present post.
A copy of curriculum vita is enclosed giving further details, together with copies of previous testimonials.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Cover letter sample for executive for business control & procurement
25 March 2012
Head of HR Division
Ref: Applying for the post of Executive for Business Control & Procurement.
In response to your job advertisement of the “The Daily Star” dated 27th July 2012, I came to know that you would appoint some Executives for Business Control & Procurement in your esteemed entity. I am highly interested and applying for above mentioned post. I have the necessary eligibility, as you require. If I am appointed I will get the opportunity to show my prudence with great effort. Here I am enclosing my CV and two passport size photographs and all necessary document of academic qualification.
I, therefore, hope that you would appoint me for the above post and oblige thereby.
Cover letter example for suitable post
22nd April 2012
Subject: application of any suitable post.
Understanding from a reliable source that you are going to recruit some young and energetic fresh hand in your esteemed entity. I wish to offer my candidature for one of the same. As regards my candidature, I enclose herewith my curriculum vitae and photograph for your kind perusal.
I would assure you about me sense of commitment, dedication and professionalism to every aspect of assigned work.
I look forward to the opportunity of meeting you to discuss further that how my qualities and skill could be of use to your distinguished organization.
You May Like Also: