The objectives of training and development may be manifold. The objectives may be from the employee’s / manager’s side or from the organization’s side.
Whatever may be the sources of objectives, the following points may highlight the same:
Objectives of training and development
1. Induce new employees: Induce employees are the main aim of training and this is the most essential for a company.
2. Gain knowledge of a new method: Training and development help to gain knowledge of a new method.
3. Obtain knowledge of company policy: Employees should have sufficient knowledge about company policy for best performance. Training and development help employees obtain knowledge of company policy.
4. Earn knowledge of customer relations: Gather information about customer relations is the major objective of training and development.
5. Change attitude: It helps to change an attitude so, that an employee can give their best to the organization.
6. Ensure personal growth: Training and development give an employee everything needed to be a good professional. And when he becomes a good employee it ensures his personal growth.
7. Ensure ensuring loyalty: The aim of training and development is to make an employee loyal to his / her company.
8. Reduce labor turnover: Another objective of training and development is to reduce labor turnover.
9. Increase productivity: Training develops a person’s skill to a professional level so, it is easy to say obviously the training and development process increases productivity.
10. Improve quality: Improving the quality of employees is the main objective of training and development.
11. Help the company to fulfill future growth: The growth of a company depends on its employee. So, the development process helps the company to fulfill future growth.
12. Improve organizational climate: Improving organizational climate is the greatest objective of training and development.
13. Improve health care: Without good health, the employee can’t serve properly to his / her company. So, training and development improve health care.
14. Prevent obsolesce: Prevent obsolesce is one of the most important objectives of training and development.
15. Change behavior: Training and development have a great impact on employee behavior. It polishes employees’ behavior so, that he/she can fit with the internal and external environment.
You May Like Also: