There are some general guidelines for organizational mood which are stated below:-
Organizational mood guidelines for managers
Managers can follow some guidelines to control the moods of employees:
1. Follow behavioral culture: The manager of the organization with a strong and positive mood should follow the behavioral culture.
2. Don’t show discrimination: The manager should not show discrimination among employees.
3. Emphasize Organizational Target: The manager should give emphasis on the goal of the organization, perform duty in such a way that organizational targets can be achieved.
4. Don’t miss use the facilities: The manager is responsible to distribute employee duty. He is also responsible to distribute available resources. It is his duty to distribute resources in such a way that resources are not misused.
5. Don’t cross the borderline: The manager has the responsibility and has some bindings to do work. He has borderline to distribute resources. He should not cross this borderline and should not try to handle all matters outside his responsibility.
6. Take anything impersonally: Manager one of the most important characteristics is not to take anything personally. He is for all. He should be equal for all in every case.
Guidelines for the employees
Employees, on the other hand, can follow a few guidelines to control the moods of employees of the organization.
1. Top Management support is a must: For doing work perfectly and for achieving organizational goal employees need management support.
2. Don’t misuse the change: Sometimes organization rules, regulation, facility, resources change. In good modal organizational employees and managers should misunderstand and misinterpret this change. They should use this change positively.
3. Don’t exploit the common employees: One employee may have more influence and more dominating power. He should not use this power to exploit the common employee.
4. Don’t go beyond the limit: Every employee has this duty and movement limitation. In a good modal organization, employees should not go outside this limit.
Related Content of Organizational Mood:
- What is the Definition of Mood?
- Objectives of Organizational Mood
- Different Types of Mood
- Importance of Organizational Mood
- Factors Affecting Organizational Mood
- Some Characteristics of Moodiness
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Organizational Mood
- Organizational Mood and Organizational Behavior
- Proposed Model of Organizational Mood